Psihoselect performs the recruitment process for a partner company specialized in production for the following position:
Location – Harghita County
Role: Operations Manager lead the manufacturing and logistic function within budget and output targets to meet customer requirements and standards. Full accountability for ensuring safety, customer quality, cost and delivery requirements are met. Responsible for developing an enthusiastic, motivated and flexible team by building working relationships ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to. Manage the team on best practice and establish standard policies and procedures whilst also mentoring and leading teams. Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes. Exploring: “what is the core of manufacturing operation that we wish to own and develop further, and what part is secondary that we could possibly outsource for capable partner”.
· Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice manufacturing vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
· Identify business improvement opportunities within the organization.
· Prepare the annual Manufacturing budget and forecasts and all Capital Expenditure proposals as well as ensuring compliance with legal standards. Manage the budget from identification to completion of projects.
· Responsible for achieving budget and forecast.
· Effectively and efficiently manage the production of the required daily/weekly/monthly targets in line with customer specifications, meeting quality and delivery expectations, minimizing costs where possible and ensure the required best working practices are always maintained.
· Responsible for plant production, financial performance (to meet standard product costs in operations and responsibility of capex projects’ budgets), meeting customer requirements and maintaining the orderly and productive operation of planned activities.
· Ensure the target productivity level is achieved daily and update the production plan daily.
· Communicate and liaise with other departmental managers regarding throughput of stock to ensure production targets are met.
· Undertake continuous training and development.
· Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems.
· Identify and deploy the technical skill sets, resource levels and systems to deliver projects, including the engagement of external resources as required.
· Conduct risk assessments of processes and tasks in the department.
· Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures to ensure the safety and wellbeing of staff and visitors.
· Manage, coach, and develop a high performing manufacturing team that meets agreed objectives, and which delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
· Set department objectives/KPIs and review and assess ongoing performance of direct reports.
· Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
· Manage and lead the team, ensuring adequate staffing levels, managing holiday allowances, recruitment, training, development, appraisal, attendance, disciplinary issues, and daily supervision to maximize efficient productivity.
· Motivate and coach the team to operational success.
· Provide technical expertise to the team.
· Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance and record on appropriate systems.
· Consistently promote high standards through personal example and roll out through the team so that each member of the team understands the standards and behaviours expected of them.
· Communicate KPIs from the strategic annual plan so that each employee is aware.
· Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area of responsibility.
· Ensure KPIs are met by working to the overall plan, including management of, and reporting.
· Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet legal and company requirements.
· Work as part of the Management team to share ideas and improve operation, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimize results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with Company and Customer requirements.
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance.
· Ensure an effective interface with other departmental staff is maintained.
· Liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
· Work collaboratively, negotiate, and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
· Communicate with stakeholders the impact of market change and potential effects on engineering design and development. Recommend solutions without compromising quality or service while optimizing cost.
· Stay current and up to date on any changes that may affect the supply and demand of needed products and materials and advise others of any impact.
· Live the continuous improvement philosophy – constantly challenge self and others in a realistic and positive way.
· Take responsibility for own learning and development and share experience. Try new approaches and encourage others to do the same – balance experimentation with risk.
· Inspect and observe work in progress to ensure that procedures followed, and materials used conformed to product specifications and quality standards.
· Implement or oversee environmental management or sustainability programs addressing issues such as recycling, conservation, and waste management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required:
· + 5 years on-the-job experience in a similar role or production manager.
· Relevant manufacturing/engineering degree is preferred.
· Extensive plant/factory level experience with significant experience and successful improvement of manufacturing.
· Technical understanding, Lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 5S etc.
· Experience of managing Profit & Loss responsibilities for manufacturing operations.
· Understanding of manufacturing and procurement/supply chain.
· Very good working knowledge with KPI, budget and financial indicators.
· Good and effective communication skills.
· Good analytical and organizational abilities are of great importance.
· Possess good leadership ability, as well as ability to work as part of a team.
· Ability to be proactive and to foresee events and react appropriately towards them.
· The ability to strategize in different situations is also relevant.
· Ability to work and carry out projects within a stipulated time frame or deadline.
· Fluent in English, Hungarian is an advantage.
· Good ERP Systems knowledge, MS Office package.
· Positive result driven and hands on attitude.
Mobile: 0746 188 012