Psihoselect performs the Recruitment Process for a company specialized in the production of solid wood furniture for the following position:
SENIOR PRODUCT ENGINEER
Location – Cluj-Napoca
- Define product specifications, design products utilizing 3D CAD software, detail drawings for components and assemblies, and partner with the manufacturing team to utilize equipment and technical capabilities to develop new products;
- A Senior product engineer needs to lead manufacturing reviews to determine costs and identify the ability to produce requested products;
- Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications;
- Support product sales and engage directly with local and global customers to ensure expectations are met;
- Apply knowledge to customer specific designs, and identify opportunities for design standardization across multiple product lines;
- As a senior product engineer you will need to prepare technical documents for products;
- Seek out and develop industry standards and new technical developments for design and process advantages;
- Develop technical specifications for subcontracted components and systems;
- Implement Product Design processes, resulting in agreed upon checklists (new products as well as mature products);
- Lead weekly Product reviews.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Mechanical/Product/Process Engineering preferred, or a related engineering or science discipline with a minimum of three (3) years practical experience in a furniture manufacturing environment;
- Demonstrated experience leading new product introduction and product/process improvement, ability to apply lean principles in a manufacturing environment, and successfully execute projects;
- Experience working directly with customers to define their needs, identify solutions, and proactively identify potential design and functionality issues;
- Production-focused, hands-on problem solver;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects concurrently;
- Strong design software skills and proficiency using Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in English.
For further information, we will be happy to answer your questions!
Mobile: 0746 188 012